Monday, December 02, 2013

Thanksgivukkah birthday extravaganza

Some cruel twist of calendar fate placed Doug's birthday, Hanukkah, and Thanksgiving in the same week. We don't make a huge production out of any of these celebrations, but we do something. And doing them all in a row... phew. I need a vacation.


Latkes, birthday cake, turkey dinner, dreidels, balloons, cranberries and more latkes. My head is still spinning. I would like to officially declare that Hanukkah falling before Thanksgiving is just wrong.


We thought we could squeeze in one more sail, but the weather has been a bit wet and raw and it looks like we are done for the season. Time to start turning inward and focusing on the task of keeping little people busy indoors.


I keep mumbling to myself, "I will not let winter get me down. I will not let winter get me down." Trying to break up the weeks of January and February on the calendar with fun outings and plans so I am not left sitting inside in a funk. A wise friend once said to me, there is no bad weather, just bad clothing. I need be a good little scout and just prepare. More woolens, more layers, more wine.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...