Sunday, April 08, 2012

Book Slings

I wanted to share a quick little project we tackled to help Zach organize his books. Like most kids, he loves staying up at night with a flashlight under the covers to read. However the end result is piles of books all over his wee bed and no place to, ya know, sleep.  I saw these book slings on Pinterest and fully intended to make some myself, but with my crazy work schedule and the fact that my new sewing machine is still sealed in the box I decided to work with someone on Etsy instead.
(The fabric is Echino Ni-Co Cars in red by Etsuko Furuya

The lady I worked with at Shop With Compassion was fabulous. I sent her my own fabric to use, and 100% of her profits go to support three children she's sponsoring in third world countries.
For boat living or any small space these book slings are ideal because they're light weight, fairly close to the wall, and super easy to install. All it takes, aside from the sewn sling, is 2 dowels and a double curtain rod hanger.
I think we'll be putting more of these up around the boat. We could certainly use one for our kindles in our cabin ;)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...