Thursday, March 17, 2011

taking care of business

I feel like I have many loose ends to tie up... so without further ado...
(1) I was so thrilled and honored when my pal Lucia asked if she could interview me for The Magnifying Glass - a site I admire so much! Click on over and check out the interview and explore the site, they are FULL of inspiration.
(we almost needed a magnifying glass when we found this abandoned little guy)

(2) I am also crazy excited to be a part of the Karma Krewe over at Soul-Flower.com. I'll be doing reviews on their blog along with my fellow Krewe-mates throughout the year. If you don't know about Soul Flower's funky, earth friendly clothes you're missing out. Have a look! And I will post a link when my first review is up and ready.
(oooo mama, I love these outfits!)

(3) I can not thank you ALL enough for helping out with our bid to win free running rigging from Dyneema. I was so heartened when I put out the call and within 24 hours more than a hundred of you clicked over and voted. All those names, all that support was fabulous! And guess what -- we WON! We are over the moon to be part of the Dyneema Experience Team along with a whole crew of other sailors around the world. I'll keep you posted as we get the new line and take them through the paces of some test sails this summer. THANK YOU ALL! I quite literally could not have done it without you. So if you're in the Chesapeake, I owe you a sail. But one at a time, ok? :)
(arrrgh where are we heading cap'n Naia?)

(4) Please don't forget to enter the Bee Natural Honeypot giveaway here. I will close comments Friday night and announce a winner Saturday morning.

THANK YOU ALL!

15 comments:

Denise said...

Oh my God, you won!?!?! That is AWESOME! Congratulations!!!

Lily Boot said...

Wow! Things are hopping at your end of the harbour - so so pleased you won the rigging - that will be such fun over summer, testing it out :-) My your little girlie is the image of Zach - so very very pretty :-)

taisa said...

Yay! You won! I'll have to tell my 4-year-old- he is always asking to look at picutes of "that boy who lives on a boat." Congrats!

embracingitall said...

Congratulations! So glad we could help you out in some way. My husband would love a boat, but the best I could do was vote for you. Enjoy the new rigging when it is fitted. My you have many wonderful years sailing. Jacinta

TakenForGraniteArt said...

I'm so thrilled that you won! I don't sail, boat or have kids. Last summer I started a small hypertufa art "business" and am looking for nature-based ideas of things to do.I found your blog when looking for info on casting animal tracks. Your pics, writing and adorable kids totally captured me. I started reading thru your blog. Hubby had to listen to that great story about watching the meteor shower. Your kids are very lucky to have a great mom like you.
Anyway, you asked for signatures so I signed and am thrilled you won! Yay! Congrats on winning!

Joy said...

Congrats on the win! I love those shots. So sweet. :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats on winning, I'm so excited for you!!!

The baby is getting so big!
And what a cute little turtle!

Holly @ Domestic Dork said...

YAY!

Christie said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful news!

Emma-kate said...

Yay I'm so happy you won! soon you will be swimming with these turtles

http://sailingondine.com/2011/03/18/this-moment-12/

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your win and all your other exciting news! I'm looking for your reading about all your new adventures once you set sail.

Heather said...

Hooray! So glad to see that you made the team along with some of our other favorite family boat bloggers. We may have to take you up on that offer of a ride (or even just a boat visit) if we do get to the boat show this fall. :-)

Travis and Maggie said...

Thanks for that great link to Soul Flower. What wonderful threads, I wanna buy one of everything, and I'm not even that into clothes!

Elizabeth said...

Soooo glad you won! That's what happens when you put yourself out there!

Dim Sum, Bagels, and Crawfish said...

Hooray! Just catching up on blog reading and was so happy to read this piece of news :) Thanks again for doing the TMG interview!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...