Monday, September 06, 2010

labor of love

My wonderful local tribe of female friends gathered this weekend to help welcome this new little person to the world. Words cannot described how grateful and humbled I was that they all made such efforts to honor me and this little person we all have yet to meet. The whole afternoon was beautiful, relaxing, and so very thoughtful. Here is a little peek...
(My favorite -- colorful flowers in simple jars. Always brings a smile.)

(I literally gasped when I saw this cake. My neighbor, dear friend, and party hostess Super Jen made this ALL FROM SCRATCH. Every piece of it except the gnome is edible. I declared it too pretty to eat, but I was over-ruled.)

(refreshments on the ready)

(why yes, I think I will have a fruity drink, thank you!)

(Just one of the many delicious food items my culinarily talented friends whipped up. This is not Bisquick my friends, these are healthy, from scratch super foods!)

(A warm soothing treat for my sad swollen feet... queen for a day.)

(A wonderful collection of beads brought by each friend, each with their own meaning and message.)

(Oh yes, be afraid! That enormity is my belly. And that brave gal is my friend Natasha working her artistic magic with henna across my hugeness.)

(While I was getting the henna treatment, the ladies strung the beads into a fabulous necklace that I can use in labor to remind me of the love and support of my strong female friends.)

I can honestly say I have never been this spoiled in my adult, mama life. I can't thank Jen, Rochelle, JamiLynn, Natasha, Tula, Lisa, and Audrey enough!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

New to the boating community but been doing the crunchy-mom thing for a while...your blog is very inspirational for us as we go forward in our journey to living aboard...{subscribed in Google Reader!}

Cassie said...

what an amazing group of friends! looks like a most perfect day...

sarah in the woods said...

Love the beautiful henna belly!

TulsiLeaf said...

how gorgeous! So lucky are you to have these women in your life.

Joy said...

Awww...that's amazing, Cindy! It looks like they really took care of you. :) What a wonderful treat!

FrontierDreams said...

Oh what a perfect, perfect day! You deserve it all. I am jealous, I have never had anything like that <3

p.s. Was that cake made by your Martha Stewart friend?

Lynda Halliger Otvos (Lynda M O) said...

What a lovely way to honor the upcoming new person; she is so welcome already....

May your labor and birth proceed smoothly and be all you hope for. Sending hugs from SF.

Lisa said...

Oh, I love your blog. Are you still living on a boat? We spent six years in the South Pacific with yachtie friends. I mused alot about what it might be like. Blessings.

Lily Boot said...

Ooooh how lovely! When I read your opening line - joining this weekend to welcome the new little one - I tingled all over with excitment thinking maybe she had come! Your belly looks bee-yoo-ti-ful! Glad you had such a lovely time :-)

nunu said...

you have such wonderful friends! how will you ever sail away from them? that cake is awesome and i love the bead necklace idea.

Moment to Moment said...

What an absolutely wonderful blessed way., with everything an expectant mama deserves.

Last Paradise said...

What a lovely celebration of life... Beauty.

Jerilyn said...

I had a similar blessing with my last pregnancy and there is nothing like getting that support and LIFE from strong women friends - simply fantastic! So happy for you!

Anonymous said...

You are so beautiful and honored- so many beautiful blessings your way mama! That by far is the most incredible cake ever!!!! So so glad you have such a fantastic tribe-

ellen said...

Wow- add a virtual bead from us. All sorts of love and luck these next few weeks!!!

Little Lovables said...

such an amazing gathering, I love the beads and henna, how special. and that cake is amazing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...