Tuesday, August 24, 2010

(scary) Corners of My Home

I have had lots of lovely peeks into well groomed corners of fellow bloggers' homes. It's truly inspirational eye candy. Well no candy here my friends. This is  reality time. (cue the creepy movie music...)
Oh yeah. Is that a scary weed patch of wires or what? This little cubby in our salon I guess in boating terms could technically be called the nav station, since the radar and SSB and such are just to the right. When we got the boat, there was a little TV crammed in there. Since we made the choice to be TV free, that opened up this cubby to a world of possibilities. It naturally leant itself to a computer desk area. And then the solar regulator went in there. And then... and then... no amount of wire ties could make that area seem tidy, let alone appealing.

So I whipped out that wiley sewing machine and sewed a sqaure. Oh yes, behold my amazing sewing skills, four straight lines! Add that to a wooden dowel and 2 eye hooks and VOILA!
Lemony goodness hiding the snake pit of wires. And the cool thing is, once we tire of the lemons I can just whip up another fabric square and switch it out. It seems like so many boats end up looking like a prep school head master's office when it comes to fabric and decor choices. I am trying to buck that trend as much as possible. One little piece of color at a time.

p.s. I may be a little quiet here this week as we're expecting a tribe of visitors by land and sea...

9 comments:

Lily boot said...

Oh I love it! What cheery fabric Cindy. You'll be surely thinking of lazy summer evenings sipping lemonade when the snow is piling up ;-). And I really love your embroidery hoop of the yacht and island. Enjoy your company.

mb said...

you make me laugh. :) have fun with the tribe!!!

Eliza said...

Smart thinking! Can I whip one of those up to hang in the door to my kitchen? ;)

Joy said...

You did a great job! Love the lemons. :)

gardenmama said...

Umm...your hillarious : )
I love your lemony goodness corner, Thats right! Just one square of fabric at a time can change the world! Enjoy your company xoxo

6512 and growing said...

nice solution, and what a wild life you have!

Anonymous said...

you sewed! see...I knew you could :).

Little Lovables said...

love it, so cheerful!

christine ~ ourdayourjourney said...

so cute. love that little fix and love that you're sewing!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...