Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mahalo La

Anyplace on earth where sun and water mix into that intoxicating cocktail of color we call sunset it seems like time stands still.
Beautiful sunsets are not unique to Hawaii. they happen 24 hours a day all over the globe. But I love howhere on the piece of volcanic rock adrift in the Pacific Ocean, the locals stop their daily doings to bid farewell and mahalo to the sun.
Cars are pulled over, guitars are played, wine glasses are clinked, and folks are often moved to applauding as the planet spins away from our fiery star.
And if you're looking, and you're lucky, you just might see it...
The green flash.

6 comments:

Joy said...

How beautiful! I love that they bring guitars and celebrating such a simple and common, yet amazing, occurrence.

Hullabaloo Homestead said...

Beautiful. Did you grow up in Hawaii? How lucky you can escape the winter and flee to such a beautiful place. I'm sure you've heard, but we have about 3 feet of snow and counting in these parts.

:)Lisa

Beth said...

Tell me about the green flash. We have a cottage in a beautiful place with a view of the sunset. We always stop what we are doing to watch it. But what is the green flash?...I want to look for that. Beth

Human runner said...

Gorgeous! I especially like the first picture.

HeatherLee said...

My kids will love that! We just watched POTC last week.

Masasa said...

I love that people pull over and watch and celebrate. Lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...